We are looking for new members to join our Steering Group!
Would you like to join our steering group, and be a part of helping providing a voice for faiths in the borough?
We are looking for enthusiastic members from faith communities in Tower Hamlets to join our Inter Faith Forum – a vibrant and action focused forum that meet six times a year to discuss priorities for the forum, engagement and plan events.
THIFF is a well-established presence in the borough, working to highlight the valuable contribution that faith organisations have on people’s lives. We are part of the Tower Hamlets Equalities Group, working with other local partners to offer a central strategic focus responding to the community’s needs and issues to have a more coordinated approach to equalities in the borough. We are regularly involved in shaping the direction of local government policy.
Why you should join us!
- You can help provide a voice for faith on all issues in the borough – we work closely with key strategic partners including Tower Hamlets Council, Public Health, Healthwatch and Met Police
- To share your community knowledge – the forum strives to represent as many faiths and beliefs as possible, and to escalate any concerns to relevant parties
- You can shape your role – focus on the issues that matter most to the community you serve
- There is minimal time required – the role is flexible to fit around your other commitments
- Expand your network – Create or strengthen your partnerships with other faith colleagues in the borough.
We are interested in hearing from people that are passionate about people of all faiths and none working together and achieving the best outcomes for everyone in Tower Hamlets. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange an informal call about the role.