Join us at our next forum meeting that takes place during Dying Matters Awareness Week 2021.
Dying Matters believes in an open culture that talks about death, and where people feel able to listen and support those who are planning for end of life, who are dying and who have been bereaved.
Our meeting will look at Death Cafe’s and how communities benefit from being able to to talk about death in a supportive environment, particularly during Covid-19 when meeting face to face has not been possible.
The Cafe’s are a group directed discussion of death rather than a grief support or counselling session. We will be joined by Rev. April Keech who runs a Death Cafe in Tower Hamlets.
- Are you interested in starting a Death Cafe?
- What happens at a Death Cafe?
- How do Death Cafe’s help people?
Panellist: Rev. April Keech, St Paul Old Ford
The meeting will also have:
- Updates on the work of THIFF from Revd Alan Green, chair of THIFF
- Updates on hate crime statistics from Met Police
- Opportunities for attendees to share details of their work, projects or events.