Catch up with the latest Covid-19 related faith and community updates here, along with the latest national guidance.
In light of the arrival of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, a letter has been issued to faith leaders as a reminder of the new Covid-19 guidance.
Dr Somen Banerjee, Director of Public Health and Revd Alan Green, Chair of Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum, have issued a letter to faith leaders in the borough, encouraging all faith leaders to act with caution and due care in planning how to move forward in acts of worship and prayer, in celebrations and memorials, so that they continue to protect congregations and the wider community of Tower Hamlets. Please read the full letter here.
The borough has a wide range of options for residents to get vaccinated against Covid-19. There are 12 sites that offer vaccinations, including East London Mosque – please see the Council website for information.
Tower Hamlets residents who are eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine are being supported to book their appointment through the council’s vaccine helpline – 020 7364 3030. The helpline is staffed with call handlers who can speak eight community languages.
GUIDANCE FOR PLACES OF WORSHIP
- Gov.UK – Guidance for the safe use of places of worship from 19 JULY 2021
- Muslim Council of Britain – Advice for mosques reopening, on the Omicron and winter guidance
- Church of England– Guidance for churches due to Omicron variant.
- United Reformed Churches – URC summary of the latest guidance, July 2021
- Methodist Church – Guidance for Property – updated 2 December 2021
- The Catholic Church – Guidance for churches
- Baptists Union of Great Britain – advice for churches, updated for Omicron varient
Tower Hamlets specific advice:
- Mind Tower Hamlets & Newham – Advice for mental well being
- Tower Hamlets CVS – all the latest updates, volunteering opportunities and resources
- GreenDoctors – a charity providing free telephone advice to help residents get the lowest possible payments for their energy bills
- HealthWatch Tower Hamlets – Let them know about your experiences of services
- London Buddhist Centre – Updates and online courses
- Tower Hamlets Covid19 Community Support. – Mutual aid network utilising Facebook
- Bow Food Bank – charity
- First Love Foundation – foodbank charity
- City and East London Bereavement Service – A service for people that have lost a loved one.
- Tower Hamlets Bereavement Support Group – A service for people that have lost a loved one.
- The NHS – overview of coronavirus, including risks, prevention, and what to do if you suspect you’re infected as well as information on vaccinations.
- GOV.UK – general guidance on coronavirus, including daily updated information on identified cases, vaccination figures and more.
- GOV.UK – Foreign Office advice on all travel
- GOV.UK – guidance for households with possible infection
- GOV.UK – guidance for employees and employers
- Public Health England – Covid-19 campaign material and resources
- Doctors of the World – advice on Covid-19 and vaccines in different languages
- Universal Credit – making a claim due to coronavirus
- Citizens Advice – Lots of guidance including employment rights and if you can’t pay your rent
- Quaker Social Action – Funeral costs helpline
- Quaker Social Action – Organising a meaningful funeral
- GOV.UK – advice on supporting mental health
- Gov.UK – Updated guidance on funerals